By: Heather Jadus
Spring is almost here! Open your windows! Get the cleaning supplies out! (wear a mask and gloves please), but what about your body. Does your body need a spring cleaning too? It sure does! Here are 10 ways to get it done!
- Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
- Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Drink at least two quarts of water a day.
- Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
- Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
- Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
- Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration.
- Dry-brush your skinor try detox foot spas/foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
- What is the most important way to detoxify? Exercise! Anytime you sweat you are releasing toxins, you are also replenishing with plenty of water and taking deep breaths of air. Talk about a win/win/win! Just getting out there to take a walk will even work.
And my BONUS way to avoid toxins! The Beauty Bag Makeover! Did you know that your skin is your biggest organ AND anything you slather on it can easily be absored into your bloodstream? Ingredients that get absorbed don't even go through the liver to detoxify, they just go strait to your bloodstream. So let's check your products! With my Beauty Bag Makeover I will take a list of the products you use daily and I will rate them for safety. The rating scale ranges from 0 to 10 - 0 is completely safe and 10 is very harmful!
Be Informed. Be Safe. Be Healthy.
|Heather JadusSr. Consultant/Beauty on A Mission|
|315.529.6716 | email@example.com www.heatherjadus.com|